Saturday, February 21, 2009

We have been quite busy the last couple of weeks. We went to Kansas two weeks ago to visit the Igo family again so that they could meet Brady for the first time. The kids and I stayed a week while Brian came just for the weekend and then had to get back to work. Somebodys gotta pay the bills, right? ;) We enjoyed our stay with Grandma Pat and as always Raegan loved hanging out with all of her cousins. Everyone enjoyed holding Brady and loving on him. As I have mentioned in earlier post Raegan is a great climber. I'm always finding her somewhere she isn't supposed to be like on the bathroom counters doing things such as pumping out half the soap into the sink (or on her)and playing in all the bubbles or in the toothpaste or perfume. Well, while we were home she did lots of climbing. When we went to the ducks she climbed the fence on the bridge and she climbed a ladder to then climb a tree. We should not let her climb ladders. When she has, we have always been right beside her to catch her should she fall. The other day was a different story. I had gotten her out of the car and was putting the diaper bag down in the house. The door to the garage was open so I could go back out to get Brady. She typically goes out into the garage and plays with her wagon or gets into the dog food bin. Not the scenario on Thurs. She found our Gorilla ladder leaned up against the wall and apparently tried to climb it when I heard a loud crash. I ran out to find the ladder on top of her with har face down. I just knew we were headed to the ER. The ladder is really heavy! UNBELIEVABLE....not a scratch on her nor any blood. I knew for sure angels were watching over her. Needless to say, we now have the Ladder hanging securely in the garage.

I included some random pics of her around the house over the last week as well. She loves to help me clean so I had to include a shot of her dusting the table. I left Sayde's dog food out one morning and she spotted it right away. She loves to play in it as well as eating it. YUCK! She would eat it by the handfuls if we let her. Sure its got good protein :) Poor Sayde only gets the chance to eat when Raegan is in her highchair, gone or sleeping.

The other morning after breakfast I left a tube of butter on the counter and she managed to somehow get it. I walked to the laundry room and I came back to find her with both hands in the tub. She even got a plate out of the cabinet and was spreading butter on it as well as on the wood floor.

To celebrate our 3 year anniversary (Feb 12) and Valentines day we went as a family to spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge. It is a big indoor water park and all activities are centered around kids. They have a spa for little girls, a hunt and seek wizard game where older children can go around the lodge looking for things based on clues in a little handbook, an animated story time and a large game room. Since it was our first time, we didn't know there were microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. We ate at the lodge but you can bring lots of snacks and coolers full of food and save some money. Raegan loved every minute of her time there. We enjoyed spending quality family time together even with Brady and I watching Raegan and Brian play in the water. We'll go back for sure when Brady can get in the water and enjoy it too. We couldn't resist sharing the funny video of Raegan on the potty. She has been going poopy on the potty for a couple months now but we haven't really pushed the full potty training so she hasn't gotten the potty on the potty down just yet. She makes this funny face everytime she pushes hard to get her "stinky" out and we had to get in on video.

No comments: